This course is aimed at those who would like to learn the basics of word processing using Microsoft Word 2010 on a computer with the Windows 7 operating system.
To attend this course, you must be able to understand the basics of using a computer, and you must be able to use a mouse and a keyboard.
At the end of the course, learners will be able to:
- Pin Microsoft Word 2010 to the Start Menu and / or Taskbar
- Understand the newly-introduced ‘ribbon’ interface
- Select text in various ways
- Use delete, undo and redo
- Create and re-format a simple letter
- Create a file hierarchy of folders and save to a specific folder
- Use a Memory Stick safely and make a backup using a Memory Stick
- Edit and reformat documents and change the page set-up
- Alter the printing preferences and print a document
- Use the Change Case, Spell Check and Grammar Check features
- Set, adjust and delete Tabs
- Adjust Margins
- Use cut, copy and paste
- Insert Word Art, Clip Art or other pictures into a document
- Reformat pictures to alter their size, rotation and other attributes
- Use the layout options to change the way text interacts with pictures
- Set up a document to display text in columns
- Change line and paragraph spacing
- Use Headers and Footers and add page numbers
- Create a letterhead template
- Use the Highlight function
- Insert and format shapes
- Add a Border to a page or section of text
You will need to bring a USB stick with you to the course.
You should let us know of any additional support you may require
This course has a virtual learning component which provides additional help and the ability to review the course and exercises online.
To book this course. Tel: 01442 251930