This course is aimed at those who would like to learn about the basics of using Microsoft Excel. It covers workbooks, worksheets, cells, creating formulas to carry out various calculations and converting the results into charts.
To attend this course you must be able to use a mouse and a keyboard and also save files. You will also need to have a basic understanding of the principles of mathematics (addition, subtraction, division & multiplication).
At the end of the course, learners will be able to:
- Create a shortcut to Excel on the desktop and the taskbar
- Identify cell locations
- Enter numbers and text into cells
- Save a new file
- Select a range of cells
- Use the Auto sum function
- Copy files from other locations
- Insert columns of text
- Format text
- Automatically fill cells
- Copy data from a separate workbook
- Merge cells
- Change number type
- Create a profit and loss account, including calculating a final income for a week
- Change page layout
- Create a link between worksheets
- Select data to use in charts
- Print their work
You will need to bring a USB stick with you to the course.
You should let us know of any additional support you may require,
This course has a virtual learning component which provides additional help and the ability to review the course and exercises online.
To book this course. Tel: 01442 251930